Harken back to your favorite Christmas memories: snow lightly falling, blanketing the yard, logs crackling in the fireplace and the aroma of roasted turkey drifting from the oven.
While we can’t guarantee a white Christmas this year, we can share our tried-and-true recipe for roasted turkey that will surely bring you back to simpler times.
- 1 Whole Turkey (10 to 15 pounds) Neck and Giblets removed from cavity
- 2 TBS dried parsley
- 2 TBS dried rosemary
- 2 TBS dried thyme
- 1 TBS salt
- 4 stalks celery (chopped)
- 2 yellow onions (chopped)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup dry white wine
- In a bowl, stir together all dry ingredients to create a spice rub.
- Use the spice rub to coat the cavity of the turkey completely.
- Combine the vegetables and stuff the cavity of the bird, saving some to use as a bed between the turkey and roasting pan.
- Place turkey on the vegetable bed in the roasting pan, breast down.
- Pour the combined butter and win mixture over the turkey, making sure to get some of the mixture into the cavity. Cover the turkey and roasting pan with foil.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place turkey in the oven for 2 ½ to 3 hours.
- Remove foil and carefully turn the turkey breast up.
- Continue baking until skin is browned and the turkey has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove turkey from the oven.
- Tent turkey with foil and allow to rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
If cooking up a delicious Christmas meal isn’t for you, then we’ve got you covered. The River Buffet will be open from 11 a.m. to 5 PM on Dec. 25 and serving up all-you-can-eat holiday favorites.
Children (5-12): $15.99
Children (4 & under): FREE