Oh, there’s no place like The River for the holidays! With a chill in the air, we had to start looking toward the most wonderful time of the year. It’s about celebrating the holidays with your family, and nothing brings everyone together quite like a big plate of festive food. Over the next couple of months, we’ll share with you a few of our favorite holiday recipes that you can find here inside Riverwind Casino!
MUSTARD CRUSTED PORK LOIN
- 2 LB boneless back pork loin, raw
- 3 TBS honey
- 3 TBS whole grain mustard
- 2 TBS garlic (fresh, chopped)
- 1 TBS rosemary (fresh, chopped)
- 1 TBS thyme (fresh, chopped)
- 3 TBS Italian parsley leaves (fresh, chopped)
- 3 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 3 TBS olive oil
- In a food processor, combine honey, mustard, garlic, rosemary, thyme, parsley and vinegar. Process until well-blended. With motor running, add oil slowly until incorporated and paste forms.
- Evenly spread mustard paste over the entire pork loin and place pork on rack in roasting pan. Pour two pints of water in bottom of roasting pan. Roast in preheated 350-degree oven for 45 minutes or until minimum internal temperature is 155 degrees. Remove from oven.
- Tent the roasting pan with foil and let rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Strain pan juices into sauce pan and simmer until ready to serve pork.
- Slice pork into ¼-inch slices and arrange on a serving plate in shingled or overlapping layers.
- Drizzle with the simmering pan juices and serve.
With a dish this easy and delicious, your family will be running back to the kitchen for more! If you don’t feel like cooking, then join us over the holidays to enjoy this dish and many more at The River Buffet!