Salt and Spice and Everything Nice!
When you think of Thanksgiving, you might think of a few classic dishes: roasted turkey, sweet potato casserole, dinner rolls and green beans.
While traditions are great, there’s no harm in spicing things up this Thanksgiving. We’re sharing one of our favorite recipes from The River Buffet that you can take to add a little zing to your gathering this holiday season.
SMOKEY SOUTHERN GREEN BEANS
- ¼ lb. bacon, cut into ¼ inch strips
- 2 oz. onion, diced
- 1 lb. 7 oz green beans, whole frozen
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- In a heavy skillet on medium/low heat, render bacon until fat is removed. Do not overcook.
- Drain excess fat and add onion. Sauté until translucent, approximately five minutes.
- Steam green beans in a pot for four or five minutes until tender.
- Toss green beans with bacon and onion. Season with salt and pepper.
A succulent side in less than 15 minutes? Yes, please! But don’t forget, this dish is always available at The River Buffet during the holidays!